April 11, 2012

Paisley please

Jil Sander, Stella McCartney, J.W. Anderson- all used paisley this season, and in totally awesome ways I might add. But the most recognizable use of paisley in fashion has to come from the classic handkerchief design. From industry bigwigs to bikers and gangstas, its iconic design is unmistakeable. I, for one have always been a fan, so was stoked when I came across LA-based Rik Villa on Etsy. Working with actual handkerchiefs, the designer then reconstructs them into garments like shorts, t-shirts, bowties, and even kilt pants (yo Marc! did you hear that?). I'm considering the tank or shorts...so essential for my summer steez!






Use code RIKVILLAGIVES and get 25% off!

4 comments:

Nichole said...

Wow love these looks!

Magnet said...

oooh shit! thanks for sharing, this is awesome, I'm going on the etsy now.

laura said...

dream come true ! been looking for crazy print shorts and i guess this is it then, going to pair it up with my paisley t-shirt then haaa

Julian said...

yesssss I want these!